To have the Legislative Assembly of Ontario rescind the forced amalgamation order and return our local municipal government to the local citizens and their democratically elected officials in Flamborough.
- The citizens of Flamborough had no direct say in the creation of the new City of Hamilton
- The government by regulation and legislation forced the amalgamation, against the will of the obvious majority of the people
- The government has not delivered the promised streamlined, more efficient and accountable local government, nor the provision of better services at reduced costs
- The promise of tax decreases has not been met
- The expected transition costs to area taxpayers of this forced amalgamation have already exceeded the promised amount
- The Committee to Free Flamborough is independent of political party affiliation.
- It will continue to use its lobbying power and influence on the Provincial Government and the Super City to achieve the above objective.
- It believes that the communities of Flamborough and its citizens have a democratic right to evaluate, and decide on, their future direction in terms of services & local government structure.